June 2005 | Vol. IV - No. 6
TDmonthly´s Top 10 Most Wanted Interactive Plush Products
Twenty years after Teddy Ruxpin first hit the market, plush producers are still at it, developing cuddly buddies with increasingly advanced levels of artificial intelligence. The following interactive plush products are at the top of children´s shopping lists, because they exhibit more human characteristics than ever before.
Age Range: 1 and up
One of the most popular ?Sesame Street? characters, Elmo has been dancing his way into people?s hearts for years with no sign of stopping.
- Elmo does it again as the Hokey Pokey version maintained its top seller status on Amazon.com?s Stuffed Animals division in May 2005.
- Hokey Pokey Elmo won the 2003 T.O.T.Y. (Toy Of The Year) award from the Toy Industry Association.
- This item has been so popular it has inspired a miniaturized line of hokey pokey characters to be released this spring, which is sure to increase interest in the original.
ToyDirectory Product ID#: 3613 (added 5/20/2005)
Age Range: 3 and up
With the included washable markers, kids can decorate their durable doodle bear again and again.
- This bear is a top seller at many major retailers.
- Doodle Bear comes in three styles and each kit includes a bear, two double tipped markers, a fashion bag and an Oodles of Doodles Helpful Hints Poster.
- This product received an average of five out of five stars from reviewers on eNotAlone.com.
ToyDirectory Product ID#: 3614 (added 5/20/2005)
Age Range: 0 and up
Hug, cuddle or squeeze this plush frog and you?ll get a variety of responses sure to engage and delight.
- This item was a top seller for several Web retailers including Amazon.com and WalMart.com in May 2005.
- Imaginarium.com says that this item promotes visual skills, musical ability, independent play and motor skills in little ones.
- Newly released tie-in products, including a ?Baby Tad?s First Feelings? book, are sure to increase interest in this award winner.
ToyDirectory Product ID#: 3615 (added 5/20/2005)
Age Range: 0 and up
Peek and Play Eeyore is designed to grow with baby and plays seven different interactive games.
- Pooh?s pal hit top seller status in the plush toys division of WalMart.com in May 2005.
- Eeyore is sound activated and will respond to a little one?s voice or claps. It also comes with a butterfly rattle that functions as a remote control.
- The NYTimes gave a new movie featuring Eeyore, ?Winnie the Pooh: Three Cheers for Eeyore and Rabbit,? rave reviews, possibly signifying an upturn in popularity for this character.
ToyDirectory Product ID#: 3616 (added 5/20/2005)
Age Range: 4 and up
This interactive toy makes bear sounds with accompanying facial expressions. He responds to the child?s reactions and even plays peek-a-boo.
- This item was a top seller in May 2005 in Walmart.com?s Plush Division.
- FurReal Friends Luv Cubs is a Family Fun Magazine T.O.Y. winner for 2004.
- This latest addition to the FurReal line up can hug children, unlike previous models.
ToyDirectory Product ID#: 3617 (added 5/20/2005)
Age Range: 1 and up
This interactive Elmo says silly things to child-doctors as they examine his boo-boos, listen to his heart, take his temperature and help him blow his nose.
- This new version of Elmo has already hit the top seller list on WalMart.com in May 2005.
- According to About.com this Elmo encourages nurturing play and can help turn doctor visits into positive experiences.
- This toy comes with a stethoscope, thermometer, a hankie, a Band-Aid and a soft book about going to the doctor.
ToyDirectory Product ID#: 3618 (added 5/20/2005)
Age Range: 1 to 3
After drinking from his sippy cup Elmo asks to go potty. He even has accidents and reassures children that sometimes these things happen.
- Elmo was resting at the top of KBToys.com?s top seller list in May 2005.
- In 2004 this item received NBC?s Ultimate Toy of the Year Award and the Oppenheim Platinum Award.
- Elmo comes with his own book, sippy cup, training pants and potty.
ToyDirectory Product ID#: 3619 (added 5/20/2005)
Winnie the Pooh Silly Singers Tigger by FISHER-PRICE INC.
Other products from FISHER-PRICE INC.
Age Range: 1 to 4
Dressed in his cowboy duds, this Tigger will sing a silly song when his hand is pressed and says several different phrases.
-This toy bounced its way to top seller status on KBToys.com?s Animals and Stuffed Toys category in May of 2005.
- This is a brand new item, just released for spring and is sure to catch consumers? eyes.
- After more than 70 years, the gang from 100 Acre Woods are still drawing a crowd as a stage production has just hit the circuit in England to rave reviews.
ToyDirectory Product ID#: 3620 (added 5/20/2005)
Age Range: 3 to 7
This adorable puppy makes realistic sounds and movements and has a sensitive mode, allowing it to respond to someone silently approaching.
ToyDirectory Product ID#: 3621 (added 5/20/2005)
Pooh is learning to walk. When called, he approaches at different speeds, and talks as he?s practicing his steps.
- Love to Walk Baby Pooh received a 2004 iParenting Media Award and was featured on the Today Show, where he received the Toy Test Toddler Segment Award in 2004.
- Pooh was a top selling stuffed animal on eToys.com in May 2005.
- This voice-activated Pooh will turn toward the caller when he hears his name.
ToyDirectory Product ID#: 3622 (added 5/20/2005)
Catalog Request Form
Editorial Calendar Events & Trade Shows Media Kit Request Product Information PlayZak®
Look up Manufacturers at ToyDirectory.com®
Copyright © 2015 TDmonthly®, a division of TOYDIRECTORY.com®, Inc.