July 15, 2018
TDmonthly´s Top 10 Most Wanted Vehicles for Boys
The research for this article was compiled by November 10, 2004.
Boys will be boys and cars and trucks will be their toys. Fueling the highest vehicle sales for boys 6- to 10-years-old are 1:64 die-cast cars. Larger models of heavy duty metal construction trucks and machines are near the top of the list for 3- to 6- year-old boys.
Hot Wheels 5-Car Gift Pack ($ 5.99, Ages 5-10 years) by Mattel
New packs of five die-cast 1:64 scale vehicles are ready for a holiday 2004 release.
· A large selection of 5-pack vehicles are on the market with new sets being released for the 2004 holiday season.
· Hot Wheels is listed #1 on the top 10 seller for Amazon.com toy vehicles.
· KB Toys top selling vehicles puts Hot Wheels 5-pack #2 on the list.
Race Car 5-packs will hit shelves in time for the 2004 holiday season.
Matchbox 5 Car Gift Pack ($ 5.99, Ages 5-10 years) by Mattel
Each car in this set of 5 die-cast cars is painted with popular cartoon themes and “Hero City” series.
· Best of the Hero City, Nickelodeon themes and Looney Tunes characters are a hit with boys.
· 5-pack collections are on Amazon.com’s top sellers listing for 2004.
· A large market for these 1:64 scale cars are adult die-cast collectors.
This perennial favorite of boys ages 5 and up also sees collectors adding to the large market for die cast vehicles.
Radio Control Terrain Twister “Red” ($ 49.99, Ages 8-12 years) by Tyco RC
Futuristic bright radio controlled vehicle that needs no road to travel even on water with its unique pontoon-type wheels.
· Red version comes with 27 MHz power and is a bit more popular than the green version according to Top 10 lists.
· RC Terrain Twister is #2 on Top 10 lists of Games & Toys list for the 2004 holiday season.
· RC Terrain Twister car is listed as one of the “best sellers” at Wal-Mart.com.
This cool RC car will be released just in time for the 2004 holiday with battery packs sold separately.
Dub City Die-Cast Vehicles ($ 5.99, Ages 5 & up) by Jada Toys Inc.
(ToyDirectory) Jada Toys is having great success with the 1:64 lines of die cast cars and trucks.
· Intense attention has been paid to details on the tiny replicas of their most popular models of the Hummer H2 and Cadillac Escalade.
· KB Toys listed the Dub City line a most popular “must haves” on their list of hot vehicles.
· There is a huge market not only for boys but adult die-cast collectors as well, as kids become tied into hip-hop music and street trickster cars.
Watch for the “Big Time Muscle Line” to hit the stores November 2004. This will definitely be a big seller.
Tonka RC Mighty Dump Truck ($14.97, Ages 3-6 years) by Hasbro
The Tonka Mighty Dump Truck is a well-made radio control construction vehicle rated as a favorite for young boys.
· This is sturdy construction vehicle, perfect for the novice RC owner, comes with a controller that is easy to operate with small hands.
· The RC dump truck is on Amazon.com’s top 10 list of best selling toys.
· Tonka’s RC Mighty Dump Truck is #3 on the list at Top-10’s toys & games website.
New for holiday 2004 is the Tonka Toughest Mighty Dump Truck, the largest dump truck Tonka’s made yet. This truck is great for pushing through the toughest terrain and the company says it is tough enough to be guaranteed for life.
Tonka Mighty Dump Truck ($15.99, Ages 3 & up) by Hasbro
This tough metal truck has become a classic among young boys that will take their playtime through years of tough indoor or outdoor play.
· Special holiday orders will include a construction hard hat with plastic shovel and rake.
· This is on the Top-10 list for Toys & Games Web site.
· Hasbro’s Tonka Mighty Dump Truck is a classic best seller for every
boy on the consumer’s holiday list.
The new release of Tonka Toughest Mighty Dump Truck has made huge improvements on the classic Tonka Dump Truck. It comes with an electronic horn and a huge payload with a handle for easier dumping.
Major Powers: Ultimate All Terrain Cruiser ($19.99, Ages 3 & up) by Hasbro
This vehicle is an exciting addition to the “Star Squad” series of action figures.
· Major Powers Star Squad Commander action figure is included with the All Terrain Cruiser.
· The Cruiser is on the top 10 list of best sellers for Amazon.com.
· Reviews by parents on the Everything Preschool Web site show lots of
playtime with 3- to 4-year-old boys.
Radio Control Terrain Twister “Green” ($ 49.99, Ages 8-12 years) by Tyco RC Futuristic bright radio controlled vehicle that needs no road to travel even on water with its unique pontoon-type wheels.
· The “Green” model is similar to the red version but has more power, with 48 mHz.
· Terrain Twister is listed on the Top 10 in Toys & Games Web site.
· It is #5 on the top ten list for Top Sellers at Amazon.com.
Both models are popular and are a sure hit for 8- to 12-year-old boys for the holiday season.
Rollin’ Rumblin’ Dump Truck ($ 15.00, Ages 6 months & up) by Fisher-Price
This is a great starter truck filled with five special peek-a-blocks loaded in the back for hours of fun play. .
· This toy encourages fine motor skills and enhances hand-eye coordination.
· Rollin’ Rumblin’ Dump Truck is listed as the “Editors Choice” on Amazon.com.
· Parents who have purchased this toy for their infants say Rollin’ Rumblin Dump Truck is a great value.
This toy for an active infant helps hone motor skills and has received 4 ½ stars by parents who have purchased this truck.
Geotrax RC Highland Scenic Lines ($ 14.99, Ages 24 mos & up) by Fisher-Price
The Geotrax is a great “first-time” remote control vehicle that has an easy to use controller for small hands.
· The Geotrax RC Highland Scenic Lines is an addition to the Geotrax system of motorized trains and includes three extra pieces of track.
· Geotrax RC Highland Scenic lines is in the top ten lineup for 2004 in Top-10s website.
· Amazon.com’s has Highland Scene Lines as part of its top 10 best sellers.
This is a sturdy toy that can stand up to a lot of punishment and appeals to toddlers.
The writer’s research was comprised of several elements. For one, it consisted of information from several top toy retailers. She also contacted several major toy manufacturers. In addition, she consulted parental and consumer reviews posted on several Web sites for opinions on the younger children’s toys.
Copyright © 2018 TDmonthly®, a division of TOYDIRECTORY.com®,