September 24, 2020
February 2007 | Vol. VI - No. 2
Report from IDEX's Sweet Sixteen
Founder Will Help With Transition to New Owners
Orlando – TDmonthly Magazine attended the 16th annual IDEX show January 19-21, where it was announced that Madavor Media LLC (publishers of Doll Reader magazine) had purchased the show from Susan McCart. Owner and producer McCart nurtured IDEX for 16 years and will help with the transition.
| “Entertainment was provided in part by Kathy and Janet Lennon (formerly of the Lennon Sisters) ― who’ve just released a new doll line.”
This year, more than 700 exhibitors of fine collectibles, dolls, bears and toys attended. A retail showroom was also provided for the public.
- Reborn doll workshops held by artists Maryanne Oldenburg, Pat Moulton and Stephanie Sullivan
- Butterflies Brunch with Marie Osmond
- Golden Moment Cissette luncheon with the Alexander Doll Company (ToyShow).
- Doll Maker & Friends’ "Once Upon a Fairytale" party, where all the guests became princesses
- The 4th annual charity auction, to benefit children affected by HIV and AIDS (www.caaf4kids.org). Entertainment was provided in part by Kathy and Janet Lennon (formerly of the Lennon Sisters) ― who’ve just released a new doll line. The highest bid went to a reproduction of a romance-novel cover in dolls by Robert Tonner, which was purchased by Judene Hansen of Dream Dolls Gallery for $14,000.
The 2008 IDEX Premiere will be held January 25-27, 2008. For more information on IDEX, please click here.
Copyright © 2020 TDmonthly®, a division of TOYDIRECTORY.com®,