This brief video will help you weather whatever storms Toy Fair 2008 — and New York in February — may send your way.
Click on the image above or click here
to Watch Tips for Toy Fair 2008.
- Bring Your Biz With You: Rolling suitcase for documents and samples; plenty of business cards (Don’t have any? Order 250 for free at www.vistaprint.com); files of important names, numbers and appointments — but back them up on the web in case you misplace your notes (Register for a gmail account and you get online spreadsheets for free); clipboard and/or accordion files for keeping track of appointments and show specials.
- Get Comfortable: Bring lotion, lip balm, eye drops and bottled water; alternate daily between two pairs of comfortable shoes; bring a sweater or jacket plus hand warmers to avoid giving colleagues a chilly handshake.
- Prepare for the Weather: Will 2008 bring Toy Fair Blizzard No. 3? Before the show, check out 10-day forecasts on www.weather.com. Bring galoshes or waterproof boots; a warm hat, coat and gloves; plastic bags for wet stuff and a contingency plan in case you get snowed in.
- Let Us Look for You: Go to www.tdmonthly.com each day for updates on new products and manufacturers that we think will do well in specialty stores. You can even apply to get targeted e-mailings in categories that interest you most.
- And finally, REGISTER NOW for Toy Fair … (Don’t forget to mention TDmonthly Magazine when you fill-in your form!) See you at the show!
Videography by Rob Poswall. Edited by Alison Marek.